Sunday, February 1, 2009

Soliloquy

The path was purpled with the petals from the Jacaranda trees
And I strolled along in shadows cast by interlocking leaves.
The breeze was lightly scented, softened by the sweetened airs;
Frangi-pani, Calla lilies, symbols of a heart's despairs,
Intermingling scents and colors, stirring senses long asleep
And memories of an Eden, memories that I ought to keep.
Sad and joyful recollections, by this beauty brought to mind,
Reawakened, reassuring that the heavens are not blind,
Helping me in understanding birth, and childhood, marriage, death,
Filling me with love and longing, glad of life and thought and breath.
Thus on a pathway flecked with glory and with fragrant scent imbued,
I bowed my head but raised my heart in pleasant solitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment